So blue-collar that I’d be broke two years after winning the lotto.

     I took a business risk a few years ago and it eventually saw an excellent return on investment.  I’m so used to living on a blue-collar budget that this money feels like a windfall.  Rich people would invest it in the stock market or something else with a good return on investment. I’m not rich. Like my last boyfriend used to say, “you choose to be poor.” To be fair, my family also says this about me, but they have a right to comment on my poor choices after paying for two decades of private school.  Anyway, I’m like most of you: when I get money I buy the stuff saved to my Pinterest Boards - stuff that depreciates the instant I own them.
     So when I got this hard earned check from my old business venture, I didn’t cash it immediately. I thought about my bigger dreams and what I really want to be doing with the second half of my life.  I also thought about all the money I’d borrowed from my parents for various hair-brained projects - one of which resulted in this check.  Then with more self-restraint than I’ve ever shown with money, I made a plan and hired a lawyer to help me execute it. Yes, I’m a lawyer but I have no objectivity when it comes to myself, so I hired someone. 
     I put most of the money towards my life goal and kept a little to repay my parents and buy presents.  I bought presents for all the people who hug me and feed me when I behave like a depressed space-cadet. I then proceeded to buy everything on my Pinterest Boards. It had to be done.  You can’t give someone with a broke person’s mindset that much money and expect them to be responsible.  It’s like Dave Chappelle said while channeling Rick James: “They shoulda never gave you $$$$$ money! You don’t know how to appreciate shit!

     As usual, I’m happier about the stuff I gave away than the stuff I bought to feather my nest. I know - so blue-collar.  I’m also super pleased that I invested most of the windfall into saving the world, instead of the stock market or my Etsy wishlist. Go on, compliment me (-: 


Gossip Girl image found at  https://www.theodysseyonline.com/15-perks-having-best-friend-roommate.amp

Popular posts from this blog

Go Back Where You Came From